With the 2014/2015 Academic Year, the University offers all students a new cloud-based suite of services, based on the latest Microsoft communication and collaboration technology. Through the Office 365 platform it will be possible to have access to: e-mail (Exchange online), document sharing (SharePoint online), unified communication and messaging (Lync Online), online Office version (Office Web Apps – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote). Following the “Education Alliance Agreement for Higher Education” stipulated between the Microsoft community and the CRUI Foundation, the above mentioned suite of services is made available free of charge by Microsoft, which operates the infrastructure, leaving the University control over the students’ right to access.
- Safety and privacy, in accordance with the ISO 27001 certification, the Safe Harbor certification for the European Union and the EU model clauses (http://products.office.com/it-IT/business/office-365-trust-center-cloud-computing-security);
- That it shall not conduct any type of analysis on e-mails and/or documents for advertising purposes;
- Company level protection;
- 99.9% service availability time;
- Primary filing and backup, on data center located in the clients’ geographic area;
- Maximum redundancy and resilience, through physical redundancy (disk, network card, power source and server) and data center located in safe areas from a seismic point of view;
- Computerized systems for monitoring/recovery and support team 24x7;
- Storage capacity of 50 gigabyte;
- Access restricted via web, through synchronization protocols of Exchange and Exchange mobile for mobile devices, POP3 and IMAP;
- Anti-spam and antivirus protection.
To comply with Regulation EU 2018/679, please avoid cloud storage of personal data in Microsoft OneDrive.
Rules for University of L’Aquila e-mail service users (available in Italian)
Microsoft - Online Services Terms June 1, 2018
To access your student webmail open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera etc.) and connect to login.microsoftonline.com, logging in with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. After entering the domain (by clicking on the password box) you will be redirected to the university’s authentication page and you will be able to access the e-mail service by providing your credentials (those of the centralized authentication service, which are the same ones used to access the online students’ office, the e-learning service and Wi-Fi). As an option, after having verified the correct functioning of the credentials, it is possible to set up your own mail client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora, etc.) following the instructions posted on Netsec.cc.univaq.it website under the section Email/Access instructions. E-mail addresses follow the following format: email@example.com.
In the case of two names being the same the mailbox could be: firstname.lastname@example.org where x is a progressive integer.