International Students Enrolment information
We are delighted that you are considering joining the University of L'Aquila.
Then, read the instructions below to learn about the application and enrolment procedures you’ll have to follow as an international student. Speaking of which, you are considered as an international student if, no matter your citizenship, you gained your previous qualification (e.g. Bachelor’s degree granting access to our postgraduate courses) outside Italy.
TO PUT IT SHORT
- Will you be needing a visa to study in Italy? Then you must pre-enrol via Universitaly no matter what.
- You’re sure you don’t need a visa and you did your previous studies in the EU? Then you very likely won’t need to go through any pre-enrolment on Universitaly, but keep reading below for details.
- Not sure whether or not you need a visa? Try this: https://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/
Academic Entry Requirements
Whatever course you are considering pursuing, you will have to go through a pre-selection process to make sure you meet our academic entry requirements. We thus invite you to check the specific academic requisites on our course catalogue and email us (email@example.com) if you should need support on this matter. In addition, consider that a few of our courses might also require you to take an official admission test as part of the pre-selection process.
Depending on the programme you choose, you might also have to provide evidence of your English proficiency (required for our international degree courses). For all the other courses, you need to meet the minimum Italian language requirements (refer to this link, part 3). As a higher education institution, we can assess your knowledge of Italian directly, so you won’t have to take a separate Italian test. We have planned several Italian evaluation tests during the pre-enrolment phase to be conducted online on Webex, as per the schedule below:
- 26 July 2022 10:00 am italian time (deadline for registration July 21st)
- 26 August 2022 10:00 am italian time (deadline for registration August 21st)
- 14 September 2022 10:00 am italian time (deadline for registration September 9th)
The evaluation results will be reported in your pre-enrolment application and in your admission letter.
To reserve a place, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Italian test scheduled for date...), 5 days before the selected date.
For further information about our general entry requirements, refer to:
Pre-Enrolment of EU students
If you are an EU student (refer to this link, Part 1, Par. 2), all you have to do is browse our course catalogue and pick the right programme for you. As there are specific enrolment procedures for each degree programme, we invite you to contact us at email@example.com. We’ll put you in contact with the coordinator of the programme you’ve selected to check if you meet the entry requirements.
But please consider that, if you need a visa to stay in Italy, you will still have to pre-enrol using the online platform Universitaly (see below).
If you don’t know whether or not you need a visa, visit https://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/
For further information about the enrolment of EU citizens at our university, see here.
If you need support, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Enrolment of non-EU students
Starting from Academic year 2020-2021, the application procedure is completely web-based.
Non-EU students not living in Italy are requested to pre-enrol using the online platform UNIVERSITALY, including those who have already gone through Univaq’s pre-selection process.
Once your pre-enrolment application has been approved by our university, you will receive a confirmation email. Additionally, an admission letter will be issued and enclosed to your pre-enrolment application on Universitaly. After that, you will have to get in contact with the Italian Diplomatic-consular mission for the visa request process. Please note that the university confirmation email and admission letter do not automatically imply that a study visa will be issued to you, as the Diplomatic-consular mission is the sole responsible for the final decision on this matter.
The deadline for the pre-enrolment on Universitaly is 30 September 2020
If you don’t know whether or not you need a visa, visit https://vistoperitalia.esteri.it
For further information about the enrolment of non-EU citizens, see here.
If you need support, contact us at email@example.com
Requirements upon arrival in Italy
ITALIAN RESIDENCE PERMIT
If you need a visa to stay in Italy, remember that you will also have to apply for an Italian residence permit within 8 days after arriving in our country. A residence permit is indeed required when a foreigner stays in Italy for longer than three months.
Enrolment is the formal process through which you join our University. All students must enrol at the beginning of each academic year of study. Note that in Italy you are not allowed to enrol in more than one degree course (either at the same university or at two different ones) in the same academic year, unless you’re part of a double-degree programme.
The enrolment process involves two main phases, one online and one in person:
- Registration, enrolment and fee payment (first instalment: 156 EUR) through our online Student Information System “Segreteria Virtuale”
- Visiting the Student Registry office and submitting your translated and legalized qualifications, including CIMEA statements of comparability, Declaration of Value or Diploma Supplement, depending on the case:
- ENROLLING IN AN UNDERGRADUATE COURSE:
- "Declaration of Value" (DoV) issued by local Diplomatic-consular missions.
- ENROLLING IN A POSTGRADUATE COURSE:
- Either "CIMEA Statements of comparability"
- or "Declaration of Value" (DoV) issued by local Diplomatic-consular missions.
- Note that:
- The local Diplomatic-consular mission might still require that you obtain a Declaration of Value (DoV) in order to issue your study visa, although our university accepts either CIMEA or DoV as of academic year 2020/2021. If that is the case, you will have to go through the DoV request process instead of the CIMEA statements.
- Did you gain your undergraduate degree from an EU institution issuing Diploma Supplements? Then you can just ignore any of the above and simply submit a Diploma Supplement to certify your previous qualification.
For further information about the other documents required for enrolment, refer to these links:
Once your personal details and entry requirements are checked, the Student Registry office assigns a matriculation number, which will be sent to your e-mail address. Afterwards, a Student Registration booklet is provided.
Deadline for enrolment of international students is: October 31, 2020.
Visit https://www.univaq.it/section.php?id=35 for more details.
- Study in italy
- 2020 ministerial circular about entry, residency and enrolment
- 2020 quota of reserved places (“contingente”) for non-EU students
- CIMEA - information centre on academic mobility and equivalence
- EU immigration portal
- Univaq welcome guide
- Italian language courses for incoming students
- Our course catalogue
- Student registry offices
- Enrolment and graduation
- Services for students
- Living in L'Aquila