The academic year begins on 1st October and ends on 30th September of the following year. The type of terms or teaching cycles adopted for courses are indicated in students handbooks.
- 1st November (All Saints Day)
- 8th December (Immaculate Conception)
- from the 23rd of December through the 6th of January
- from the Thursday before Easter Sunday through the following Tuesday
- 6th April (Day of Mourning in memory of the 6th April 2009 earthquake victims)
- 25th April (Liberation)
- 26th April (University holiday day)
- 1st May (Labour Day)
- 2nd June (Anniversary of the Italian Republic)
- 10th June (St. Massimo – Patron Saint of L’Aquila)
Main administrative deadlines relating to students. The period for submitting online applications for limited enrolment degree courses is established in the respective calls.
From 18 July 2023 it is possible to submit:
- application for enrollment in first and second level degree courses with free access
- online enrollment application for second year and following
- enrollment application for single classes
- application for credit recognition for second degree, for dropouts and for lapsed together with the enrollment application
- application for equivalence of foreign academic qualifications
- application for transfer from one degree programme to another
- application for outgoing transferring students (to other Universities)
- individual study plan / curricular choices
October 31, 2023 is the deadline for submit:
- online enrollment application and online enrollment in second year and following for free access courses
- application for enrollment in single classes
- individual study plans / curricular choices
- application for outgoing transfer and change degree course
- request for years of interruption of studies recognition
- application for a second degree
- application for equivalence of foreign qualifications
20 December, 2023 is the deadline which involves the payment of the penalty of € 52.00 for:
- apply for enrollment and enrollment in second year and following
- submit application for enrollment in single classes for both the 1st and 2nd semester
- submit application for outgoing transfer (except students who must enroll in limited enrolment degree courses)
- submit an application for internal transfer to another course of study (except students who have to enroll in limited enrolment degree course)
- apply for conditional admission in the master's degree without payment of the penalty (reserved for graduating students by 30 April)
- submit individual study plan/curricular choices
From 15 January to 15 February 2024 it is possible to present the study plan with a paper application to be delivered to the Student Secretariat, related to second semester classes only.
Those who graduate in the last session and enroll in the master's degree must submit the enrollment application and study plan within 10 days of graduation.
This calendar was approved by the Academic Senate on May 23, 2023.