The University of L'Aquila is the oldest university in the Abruzzo Region and has a rich history. Its catchment area extends beyond the region and includes some areas of Lazio, Molise and Apulia. It has a strong technical and scientific background united to recognized humanistic tradition, linked to the presence of important research groups and long-established graduate programs on a national level.
In 2019 the University of L'Aquila was ranked 78th on Times Higher Education University Impact Ranking, which assesses the impact universities have on social fabric in terms of sustainable development, coming in just after the historical Bologna and Padova campuses, thus earning a prestigious third place among all Italian Universities. In detail, it was ranked 18th for "decent work and economic growth" an indicator measuring a University's research quality in the economic sector and its capacity to offer employment opportunities to students and graduates. What's more it was ranked 31st overall for "sustainable cities and communities", measuring the quality of research in the area of sustainable development together with the University's role as a "guardian of cultural heritage", and for "climate change" which measures the quality of research carried out on related issues, together with the University's attention to reducing energy consumption.
The University of L'Aquila firmly believes in the importance of internationalizing teaching and research for growth and development. To this end, it promotes outgoing mobility for its students, professors and administrative - technical staff and opens its doors to foreign students, professors and administrative - technical staff for study, research, teaching and training periods. The strategic objectives pursued by the University of L'Aquila include activating international degree courses in collaboration with foreign universities and offering a number of degree courses in English.
In this section you can find out about the facilities and opportunities our University offers to enhance the internationalization process.
Discover all the opportunities and programmes for international mobility offered by the University of L'Aquila.
Opportunities for students
- Erasmus+ student mobility for study
- Welcome guide
- Erasmus student charter
- University regulation for international student mobility
- ECTS - Users' guide
- ECTS - Grading Table
- Partner institutions
- Erasmus+ student mobility for traineeships
- Visiting Students' programme
- International conventions and agreements
Opportunities for academic and non-academic staff
- Erasmus+ academic staff mobility for teaching activities
- Erasmus+ academic and non-academic staff mobility for training
Choose the study program that best suits your interests and employment goals.
- Bachelor's and Master's level degree courses
- International degree courses organized with foreign universities and/or lessons held in English; these degree courses integrate study programmes and offer students the opportunity of obtaining double/multiple/joint degrees
- Course Catalogue
- I and II level Specializing-Master courses
- Research Doctorates
Contacts: for queries or doubts please contact
- Student registry offices
- Post lauream registry office
- Research Doctorates, research grants, postgraduate scholarschips office
- University Commission for orientation and tutoring
- Career guidance and job placement office
Find all the information you need to complete the administrative procedures required during your university career, from enrolment all the way to graduation, and all deadlines students need to meet.
- Admission requirements and norms
- Registration booklet
- Renewing enrolment after matriculation
- Enrolment: graduates
- Enrolment: EU citizens
- Enrolment: Non-EU citizens
- Enrolment in individual subject courses
- Enrolment: Part-time students
- Study plans
- Interrupting studies
Contacts: for more information and details regarding specific administrative procedures contact the Student registry office of the study area you are interested in.
Teaching activities and scientific research are coordinated by seven Departments, two Centres of excellence, three Research centres and two Service centres.
Consult the IRIS research information system containing data regarding all the research work carried out by our academic staff members.
For information on international, national and regional research funding opportunities please visit our Research funding webpages.
UNIVERSITY LIBRARY SYSTEM
The University's five libraries are distributed in three areas of the city (Center, Coppito, Roio) and offer a wide range of services, including access to numerous e-resources.
SCHOLARSHIPS, RESEARCH GRANTS, COLLABORATIONS, CONTRIBUTIONS FOR STUDENTS
Discover the opportunities the University of L'Aquila offers:
- Scholarships, grants, awards
- Research grants
- Postgraduate scholarships
- Student collaborations
- Other funding opportunities
- Research Doctorates, research grants, postgraduate scholarships office
- Career guidance and job placement office
- During your studies you can learn more about job opportunities by consulting the online Job openings indicating all employment opportunities that companies, institutions and organizations offer our students.
Contacts: Career guidance and job placement office
SERVICES FOR STUDENTS
- For an overview of the services the University of L'Aquila offers its students please consult Student services and facilities and Online services.
- Go to How to find us to see where the University's departments, centres, organizational units, facilities are located on the map.
- For information on reaching L'Aquila and details on transport to the University please visit our How to reach L'Aquila and Transport webpages.
- If you are looking for a place to stay please visit our Accommodation page and take advantage of Online Bulletin Board where accommodation requests together with "for-rent ads" listing available flats/rooms are posted to help students find accommodation.
- To take advantage of discounts and offers on meals for students please visit our Canteens webpage where you will find a list of student canteens.
INFORMATION ON THE CULTURAL AND SPORTING ACTIVITIES THE CITY OF L'AQUILA OFFERS
For an overview of the opportunities the city of L'Aquila can offer and information on its history go to:
- The University of L'Aquila and its city (video)
- Short history of L'Aquila
- Archives and libraries
- Archaeological sites, gardens, labs, observatory
- Music, theatres, cinemas
- University choir
- "Centi Colella" sports centre
Meetings, conferences, seminars
UNIVAQ Online learning platform
Institutional Research Information System
Historical notes and practical information
Info, Online bulletin board