Amount to be paid
For AY 2017/2018 students can enroll or renew their enrollment by paying an amount equal to € 156,00 (regional tax + virtual stamp duty).
Furthermore, students must pay an annual fee - Contributo Onnicomprensivo Annuale (COA), the amount of which varies depending on:
- the financial situation and income bracket of the student's household (the "ISEE Università" form - economic equivalency indicator - can be provided by any Tax Assistance Centre, CAF or Italian Social Security Office, INPS);
- whether or not the student is eligible for any reductions.
To obtain an estimate of their COA, students must log onto their Virtual Registry Office in order to:
- authorize the University to obtain their ISEE Università form directly from the data bank of the Italian Social Security Office, INPS;
- declare any possible circumstance which entitles them to reductions.
Details regarding students’ COA estimate and the expected reductions are reported in the "Guida tasse e contributi universitari a.a. 2017/2018" (available in Italian).
Students not residing in Italy and without EU citizenship are placed automatically in the lowest income bracket, corresponding to ISEE University ≤15000, given that the ISEE University estimate cannot be applied. This includes:
- students coming from countries included in the Italian Ministerial Decree which identifies developing countries for the AY 2017/2018;
- students coming from countries with special conditions/ benefits.
These students are, however, subject to payment of the regional tax, the virtual stamp duty and to the revision of the COA based on personal academic achievement.
The criteria present in the Guide that apply to Italian students are also valid for students coming from other countries which are not among the ones mentioned above.
Students who are recognized as political refugees are exempted from the payment of annual fee (COA). These students are, however, subject to payment of the regional tax and the virtual stamp duty. The political refugee’s status has to be proved by the student, who will send the official documentation to the competent Student Registry office.
When to pay
An amount of € 156.00 must be paid at the time of registration or enrollment renewal from 1 August 2017 to 31 October 2017, while payment of COA is subject to the following deadlines:
- for COA amounts less than or equal to € 300,00 the payment must be made in a single installment by 28 February 2018;
- for COA amounts above € 300,00, payment is due in two installments - the first half of the total amount due by 28 February 2018 and the remaining half due by May 31, 2018.
Late payments are subject to a penalty of € 52.00.
How to pay
In case of registration and enrollment renewal for subsequent years, students may download their “bollettino freccia” (personal payment slip) from the online Virtual Registry Office. With this slip students will be able to pay at any bank, or alternatively, payment may be made using Visa, Vpay, Mastercard or Maestro credit cards (the service does not imply any additional fees for the student) or through PagoPa.
Successful payments using the methods mentioned above are automatically detected by the system and uploaded to the student's profile within three / four business days.
No other payment methods will be accepted.
Any penalty of € 52.00 must be paid by bank transfer (IBAN code IT57V0538703601000000198060).
If a penalty is applied the payment receipt of the penalty must be brought or mailed to the competent Student Registry office.
Whom can I contact for further information?
You can get further information and explanations by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our office: “Settore Cittadinanza studentesca, orientamento e placement”, situated in “Blocco 11” - Piazzale Salvatore Tommasi 1, Coppito (near the city's hospital).
Please take note that all students who are not up-to-date with their tuition payments cannot sit exams or carry out any administrative procedures.
Are there other fees to pay?